Sunday, July 26, 2009

Like a fish out of water

I was caught in a catch 22 situation when the person who was walking in the same line as me ( at a wedding reception ) gave a nasty comment loudly saying the person in front of us was like a tree ( because she wore baju kurung and tudung from the same material,of green in colour with flowers and leaves prints).The said person turned towards me! But I'm not guilty as charged!

In another majlis akad nikah one lady was giving a running commentary about the majlis without ever realising that family members of the host would be there during the ceremony. This made some of us red faced and we didn't know how to stop her. So it made us feeling bad throughout the ocassion.

Have you ever felt like a fish out of water? Well, for example you are invited to a majlis where you don't know anybody except for the host, and the host was nowhere to be seen because she was busy.I tried to be pleasant to the person sitting next to me ,but apparently they are busy chatting with their common friends sitting next to them!

How about in a majlis when everybody wears baju Melayu and you are the only one who's wearing baju batik. Or in a majlis which is not so glamourous like penyampaian hadiah sukan or melawat anak yatim, you turn up in a fully beaded dress?

Once I got angry with a person I knew for quite a short while,we attended the same seminar, stayed in the same room for a few days,but when we met again the next year she didn't remember me.I couldn't forgive her and I couldn't except it when she said she couldn't remember me. I even boasted I will remember anybody I know and there's no way I could forget anyone.

In 1995 when I was at the Kuantan Airport with my daughter ,there came a lady of my age who smiled and talked to me, I couldn't remember her at all and I asked for her name. I couldn't recall her or the name until she repeated many times . At this point she gave up on me and turned away, at that moment I suddenly remembered her. I called her but she just ignored me. Limah, wherever you are or if you happened to stumble on my blog, PLEASE FORGIVE ME, I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU, I JUST WENT BLANK!!! ( we were 4th collegian way back in 1973,74 and did our dip ed the same year! ).

2 comments:

whm6840 said...

owww aunty,

that surely hurts to bear the guilty feeling. i hope u'll get the chance to meet Limah again.

Kerabu Jantung said...

Kadang-kadang kita buat salah kat orang dengan tak sengaja dan tak sedar!

I think Limah is still fuming!

Zaman Kanak-Kanak.....5

  Bila balik Rompin ramai-ramai takde  program lain melainkan pagi nak makan apa, tengah hari makan kat mana, petang minum kat mana, malam m...