Friday, November 27, 2009

Harum Pandan Memenuhi Kamar

One afternoon a dear friend of mine called, since I was busy cooking I promised to call her later. About 2.30 I got another call, she sounded quite urgent and I was a bit worried. She was never like this before.

She told me her daughter's room smelled pandan leaves. She thought maybe some pandan essence spilled on the floor, so she was looking for the bottle high and low. She couldn't find any. According to her daughter, the smell was already there for a few nights , and some of the nights she had horror dreams.

I was so kecut perut when she told me what happenned, but syukur alhamdullillah I remembered telling her to recite the Surah al Baqarah . Before she recited the surah herself , she had recitation of Surah al Baqarah on her cd player played in her daughter's room. She then recited the said surah in her room. Sometime later her maid came running to her room yelling ....Ibu..k , itu pandan sudah keluar dari bilik, buk, itu bau sudah ada dekat tangga.

When she told me what happened, I got really scared. She told me she wanted to read the Quran at the staircase, and she wanted to confront whatever it was that smells like daun pandan. Spontaneously she became very brave and told the uninvited invincible guest to get out from her house, go to a place where there's nobody there. This is my house and you can't stay here.

She then prayed zohor in the hall and recited Al Baqarah there. I offered to go to her house to recite Al Baqarah with her, but she said she could manage . After reading for sometime the smell faded away and she carried on reading until the smell was really gone. Surah al Baqarah is really really long, it is more than 2 juzuk.

When I call her later that night, she was relieved the 'thing' was gone. She could afford to laugh..... saying that it was like a tv drama, chasing.. a..a..a.n.t..o..o..o..!! And we were wondering, what was it, it must be something good because the smell is so organic. But, with the horror dream, it couldn't be a nice thing. ...... What thing?!!

No comments:

Zaman Kanak-Kanak.....5

  Bila balik Rompin ramai-ramai takde  program lain melainkan pagi nak makan apa, tengah hari makan kat mana, petang minum kat mana, malam m...