Friday, March 12, 2010

A Journey Down The Hill

Those days I used to tease my mum, my aunts, my sisters in law, .... banyaknya ubat, ..boleh kenyang makan ubat , tak payah makan nasi! Or.... mak, kuatnya bau minyak angin, cap apa tu?

Twenty years or so later, today I have to take care of my medicines first before I go anywhere. Without realizing, I too use minyak urat, Franch Oil for my muscle pain and virgin coconut oil for my dry feet, elbow and skin in general ( I dare not use minyak angin, minyak urut or minyak urat for fear my husband might scout for another woman who smells perfume all over ). And I packed them in small bottles, and placed them under my bed.( Have you ever seen old ladies stuff their minyak angin, minyak urat, panadol in a box and keep them under their bed? )

I used to be impatient with my mum, my aunts for walking too slow, I used to hurry them up....cepat sikit , cepat sikit......they will say, sabarlah, mana boleh cepat-cepat, lutut sakit! My children now have to wait for me because I walk very slow!

Before, I used to ask my older relatives why do they take a long time praying, they said they have to recite the surah properly and at the same time to remember the meaning of the surah.Now I wonder how my children pray so fast, before I know it they already say their salam!

Getting old, eh?

3 comments:

Maher Al Muaqly said...

The circle of life.

whm6840 said...

that's my grandmother in the current time. But she keeps no panadol though - only vicks to soothe her at nights.
Anyway, she's 85... aunty.
I pray for her health all her life.

kerabujantung said...

That's why I'm so worried now, I better throw my ointments right away!

Fikir Sejenak...

  Bagaimana kalau tiba-tiba terjadi ....Iza zulzilatil ardhu zilzalaha...ketika kita berada di tingkat 44? Pernah tak kita terfikir? Dulu sa...