Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Me husben and his fish pond



My husben never allowed the children to have cats in the house. He is astmatic and our children have the tendency to be astmatic too. My first daughter loves cat since small, she will pick any stray cats she found ,kissed them, cleaned and fed them and hid them behind the kitchen for fear the father might find out. Of course when he found out he will constantly nagged her, don't ever allow cats in the house and when they poo you have to clean them yourself. Finally, she decided just to hug and kiss any cats she found and with heavy heart just let them go.

When I took my optional retirement, I got somebody to make koi pond . It was my present for my husband who is about to retire later. He loves fish and he bought about 25 small koi for the pond. They were so beautiful and colourful.My husben really loved them, fed them and talk and sing to them morning and evening. As the fish grew bigger he became more ambitious, he added up 5 new fish to the pond. A few weeks later the fish floated tummy up one by one due to the fish virus. In the end he had to clean the whole pond and the few koi left he threw in the lake so that they had better chance to survive in there.

This time around he bought only 15 fish for fear they might catch virus. When the fish grew about 1 foot long ,he got ambitious again so he bought another 5 to add to the pond. Again the fish died one by one. He was so disheartened at first, but of course they had to be replaced. This time he bought only 10 kois and vowed not to add up any more new kois in the pond. Sure enough when the 10 fish grew about 1 foot long each he brought back two new koi and about a week or so later history repeated itself.

This time around I called Syed the garden and pond designer ( I knew him since 12 years ago when he just started landscaping ) to clean and service the pond . I told him that ikan dalam kolam dah jalan one by one ,please come and do something about it. Syed said kak, saya demam,tak dapat datang hari ini. Ok lah bila sihat nanti datanglah. Meanwhile my husben is in denial. I waited for another 2 days and called Syed again. He said his fever got from bad to worst. Syed, baik mu gi jupe doktor ambik sample darah mana tahu kena denggi. Mu gi le ni jugok jangan tangguh-tangguh,ingat sikit anak-anakmu kecik lagi ,binimu come pulok tu!. Three days later he called from the hospital,suara macam apek tua telling he's comfirmed with denggi berdarah and he was being quarantined. But alhamdulillah today he was discharged when his blood pellet count back to 100 from 18. In the meantime our koi floated one by one except for ikan sepat Siam kaler biru and orange have survived.

I suggested to my husben to change koi to ikan lampam or talapia but he was not amused by it. I told him since the economic downturn we should do something that is profitable! My neighbours who were being entertained by him became curious as to why there is no more singing the fish song every morning and evening........

2 comments:

Beautiful Life said...

Hahaha I didn't know ayah sang to the fishies! I knew that when he's feeding the fishies, he'd always call out in his Utara dialect " mai, kah, mai!".

Nurul Husna said...

hahahah lawaknyee makkk...i loveee this post and even told my client about it=) (currently at client's place,waiting for the pending documents,bukan curik tulang yaaaa...hihihi)

Fikir Sejenak...

  Bagaimana kalau tiba-tiba terjadi ....Iza zulzilatil ardhu zilzalaha...ketika kita berada di tingkat 44? Pernah tak kita terfikir? Dulu sa...