Friday, August 14, 2009

Warm colours, cool colours, mamba je.......

Yes mamba, not mumbo jumbo or samba or rumba. One of my students commented on my dress ( in KB wayyy back in 1980's )...guano cikgu napok mamba jah ari ni....( I wore very light colour baju kurung, the colour made me looked pale and sickly ). The one who commented was the naughtiest boy in the class, so naughty he was sampai tahap nang bo ti nang kui bo ti kui. But nevertheless I love that baju, I love the colour even though it didn't suit me.

I belong to warm colour category that is orange,earthy tones, yellow and red ( after coulour test ). But in reality I love the cool colours esp purple...also brown and grey ( I don't remember which category they are in , I lost the colour chart ).
Whenever I wear orange baju I always felt uncomfortable, like my face become so big and I felt like having hot flushes. So orange is a real no-no for me.

I used to go to textile shops with my two daughters, whenever I saw maroon colour materials, I will fall in love with it . But both of them will say , mak jangan mak, that colour is not for you, so I tak jadi beli.But I love maroon, it looks so beautiful esp on silk.

Even though I used to buy materials for my daughters, but they do not follow my colour scheme. Each one of them has their own favourite colours, the elder sister likes peach shades and the younger one goes for orange.If they were to follow my taste, kena beli kain sekayu share tiga orang!

Raya dah dekat,tailor tak terima tempahan lagi.Yesterday me and cikgu Siti went to our tailor May Yin , upon arrival she said ,waaa...tatak boleh siap hali laya, lepas laya boleh angkat. May Yin I nak pegi Paka bulan puasa ni. Mana tempat itu Paka..itu Mediterranean dekatlah May Yin.Belapa hali lu mau pigi? 2 malam aje...ooh lua malam ka? pakai lain bajulah,lu ada manyak baju....But in the end she gave in ( without charging me extra )

3 comments:

Beautiful Life said...

Heyyyy...I like orange too! I think bright colours gives me confidence to walk and face the world! But in reality, pastel colours suits me better. I'm a cool colour person - blue, purple, green...

Finas said...

Salam Aunty...Didn't get the chance before this to write on your blog. Will now take the opportunity to do so.
Anyway, do wear colors that you are comfortable with. Colors can really influent our mood and level of confident. Maroon and purple look good on you but maybe this year should try and play with other colors too. It'll be very interesting and asked your family and friends comments/feedbacks. Aunty can start with my mommy ;)
Btw, May Yin is a super bionic tailor. She can complete few pieces of baju kurung overnight but just make sure that she gets your size right..he..he..It happenned to me and mommy before but 'nasi dah jadi bubur'...ha..ha..

Kerabu Jantung said...

Beau,
Not many people dare to wear orange , I suppose it really can boost one's confident.


Finas,
Yes, not to mention some other casualties, like material mak buat baju anak, material anak jadi baju mak!

Fikir Sejenak...

  Bagaimana kalau tiba-tiba terjadi ....Iza zulzilatil ardhu zilzalaha...ketika kita berada di tingkat 44? Pernah tak kita terfikir? Dulu sa...