Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Have you eaten....rice?

Too much watching channel 703 is good, you'll get a lot of ideas when you cook. You can even memorise the recipes from all over the world. So when it is time to prepare lunch or dinner you already have something in mind.

I have no difficulty in preparing those dashing dishes.For lunch I usually cook gulai ikan ( my husben's all time favourite ), vegetable and one other side dish.If I don't cook curry I will replace it with asam tumis which I have to match with masak toyu ( to lessen the heat from the chillies ).

So one might ask, where are the dishes you learn by heart from channel 707? The answer is, oh, today and forever I cook my regular dish first, later ( indifinitely ) I will prepare medium rare steak,kidney and beans pie or lasagna covered with mozarella cheese.As for now and forever , there's dalca, masak lemak cili api, kerutuk daging,sambal tumis udang atau sotong kering,ayam masak merah...and the list goes on...to be taken care first.

In Malaysia rice is staple food, we have to eat rice at least once a day.As mothers we can train our children to take less of rice and to accept other type of carb as our meal such as bread,mee, mihun, laksa, capati etc. But as for husbands, it is a bit difficult to change because they are so used to their old eating habit.

A friend of mine told me about a man who was sick and couldn't eat rice ( in Makkah during Hajj time ).His mother was very sad,she said her son did't eat at all. He only ate bread about 4 to 5 peices! To her that was not right, he won't be strong enough to do ibadah!

2 comments:

la Signora said...

Hehehehehe.I grew up with the nasik mentality as well, until my Bonda realized I'm a bit overweight, and she made me think rice is evil.But you're right, orang² old school memang tak buleh hidup tanpa nasi.I'm on a non-gluten diet, which means I can eat rice but make sure it's gluten free (long story, nanti citer lagi).But as they say, berpada-pada.Kalau over, tu yang jadi tak betul tu.

Mmm, I remember your kari on those rare occassions kami merempat kat rumah Aunty (heheheheh).Thank you so much for that,memang memori daun pisang abis.

Kerabu Jantung said...

Datang KL nanti boleh aunty masak kari kaw-kaw sampai your other half berair hidung!

Zaman Kanak-Kanak.....5

  Bila balik Rompin ramai-ramai takde  program lain melainkan pagi nak makan apa, tengah hari makan kat mana, petang minum kat mana, malam m...